Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Oh holidays, oh holidays,
With children ever laughing,
They talk and talk,
They laugh and play,
Homework, no they do not do,
For days before the break!

Decorations hung with care,
Brazil's celebration studied deep,
The tree they made,
It made me laugh,
Their imagination got the best
Of their logic and sound judgement
I think I see a Jewish star!
Candy garlands,
Made from wrappers scarfed from me.
The ideas they had,
Initially... based on research sound!

Every year, we do Christmas door decorations by homeroom- this year in a an effort to be more "multi-cultural" each class chose a celebration from another country. My class chose Brazil - it did start out wonderfully - they did some research and got some ideas - but as they made they their own ornaments for the tree, their individualness took over the sound research - we have one with an Insane Posse Clown (which rotates on a metal brad..) a orange and black Jewish star (our school colors are orange and black... why a Jewish star we do not have an answer. The girl who made it does not even KNOW anyone Jewish!) We have a ballerina, a snow globe... our paper covering the door is 3 inches too short, and cut jaggedly... the tree itself is about maybe 18 inches tall on my 7 foot classroom door. It is lovely.... colorful, creative, and all theirs!

Tomorrow, let them behave as I go to the high school for a math department meeting... they have their assignments... they know what is expected... oh please don't let them call me!



No comments: