Sunday, September 05, 2004

The first week of school went by so quickly I am still waiting to catch my breath. Things went well, all in all. This group of students seems like a pretty capable and willing group overall. We did basically procedures and rules, a few getting to know you kinds of things. Friday students partnered up to complete a short "The Three Little Pigs Come to Math Class" activity that allowed me to informally assess their basic math skills. I was impressed by the problem solving abilities of many of these kids. Listening to them talk it out with a partner how to solve problems always is fun for me.

My 6th grade tech class - yikes... If I can just get them where we can consistently log in and open a document or the internet by the end of next week, I will be impressed. One has to wonder what exactly do they do in elementary computer classes???

Next week, in math we are starting graphs, patterns, algebra. I am excited to see how well this group can do :-)

No comments: